This week SongTalk welcomed David McLachlan to our studio.
Angela Saini returned to Song Talk Radio with a new album and a fresh bunch of earnest and optimistic songs.
We talked about:
- Structured vs. casual collaborations
- When should an artist make a trip to Nashville?
- Making a personal connections to songs you’re performing, even if you didn’t write them totally by yourself
- Live performance vs studio recording
- Using a “weirdo” chord change for the bridge of your song
- Should melody trump the natural shape of the language in your lyrics?
Rogers brings many insights into songwriting from his time spent in Nashville, and performs three of his beautiful songs live in the Song Talk studio – including one written and performed on ukulele!