Angela Saini returned to Song Talk Radio with a new album and a fresh bunch of earnest and optimistic songs.
We talked about:
- Structured vs. casual collaborations
- When should an artist make a trip to Nashville?
- Making a personal connections to songs you’re performing, even if you didn’t write them totally by yourself
- Live performance vs studio recording
- Using a “weirdo” chord change for the bridge of your song
- Should melody trump the natural shape of the language in your lyrics?
Singer/songwriter Angela Saini returns with a couple of great tunes and some pretty in depth talk about songwriting concepts.
Listen to the full show
Stuff we talked about:
Toronto-based singer-songwriter Angela Saini joined us to talk about her process and two beautifully crafted songs: Something Like I’m Beautiful and Living on the Bright Side. We talked about:
- Switching from a major to minor key for your bridge
- How to connect emotionally with your listeners
- Song endings – to resolve to not resolve?
The gang celebrates 4 years of Song Talk nerd-ery! Station tech genius Michael Newton stops by too.
What we talked about:
Listen to the Full episode