The next time Halloween will occur on a Tuesday will be in 2023, so we were supernaturally possessed to take advantage of the freaky intersection and dig up some Halloween themed songs for this show.
But first, the important stuff. Since this is radio, we figured Halloween costumes were in order. Phil showed up as the classic Frankenstein’s Monster, Neel just kept with his usual weekday morning look as a corporate zombie, Bruce donned a pretty (scary) tiara to complete his princess outfit, and Vanessa came in dressed like a sushi, because, well, she digs sushi.
We also welcomed our newest team member, Anthony, who will be taking over technical duties next week. Glad to have you aboard, Anthony!
Listen to the show
Download the lyrics / sheet music for:
We talked about:
- Neel’s haunting solo piano piece, Agony
- Bruce’s seriously (not so) creepy song The Street
- The Residents unique approach to music
- Michael Jackson’s Thriller
- Hank William’s original country music version of Kaw-liga
- Halloween on Church Street in Toronto (Church Wellesley Village)
- Hocus Pocus
- Oliver Sacks and the power of music
- Song Exploder podcast episode with Stranger Things music composers Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein
- The theme music from Jaws
- Musical dissosnance
- How to introduce tension by not resolving your chords, or avoiding or delaying a perfect musical cadence