Singer-songwriter and Music Educator Ashley Braga came to visit us again on the tails of her first album for children, Ladder to the Moon. The album features traditional children’s songs with Ashley’s own twists, and totally original songs as well. Ladder to the Moon was produced by Song Talk Radio’s own Neel Modi.
We talked about:
- how songwriting for children is different than adult audiences
- how you should never underestimate children; they can appreciate sophistication and complexity too
- using nature and animals in your lyrics
- the silliness factor in children’s songs
- the power of pretending and imagination for children
- referring to the Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency to find out if a song is in the public domain