For the past 25+ years, Eric Alper has been at the forefront of the Canadian entertainment industry – making the Public in Public Relations his business. His enthusiasm, encyclopedic knowledge of the past and present have made him the go-to for music in Canada. He is also host of one of the top-rated SiriusXM shows “ThatEricAlper”.
We talked about:
- Why catalogue music is outselling new music
- How the days of having superstar musicians or artists are gone and not likely to return
- What it means to have a hit today
- How the older generation has now discovered streaming
- How it’s cooler for the young generation to listen to (some of) the same music as their parents