We have a fascinating show this episode with our special guest, Jordana Talsky. Jordana is a singer, songwriter and vocal looper who fuses multi-genre influences into her own sound. She accompanies herself by voice with a Roland Boss RC505 loop station. Her ethos is to incorporate digital means into live performance in an organic way, and with the loop machine, she creates a choir on the spot with no pre-recorded parts. She joined us this episode to talk about her latest release, Zahava.
There was lots to discuss, as you can imagine, including:
Including topics like:
- how do you write for loops?
- working with a collaborator
- how does a background in choir and musical theatre help?
- what is the production process for working with loops in a studio?
- are chord progressions more difficult with loops?