Joey Cofone is Founder & CEO of Baronfig and an award-winning designer and entrepreneur. His work has been featured in Fast Company, Bloomberg, New York Magazine, Bon Appétit, Quartz, Mashable, Gizmodo, and Print, among others. Joey was named a New Visual Artist and, separately, Wunderkind designer, by Print magazine.
He is the author of the new book, The Laws of Creativity: Unlock Your Originality and Awaken Your Creative Genius.
We talked with Joey about everything creative:
- How to master your ideas
- How Joey’s book did a great job of breaking down the creative process into discrete pieces
- How Phil’s experience with design and marketing made him a better musician and songwriter
- A story from the book about Herbie Hancock and Miles Davies
- Plagiarism vs. Inspiration, and how art is about combining things, not creating things
- Is it possible to know too much about your craft?
- The role of the ego in creativity
- The great thing about being “weird”
- The value of specificity in your creative acts
Win a copy of the book!
Tell us what creativity means to you as a songwriter to win a copy of The Laws of Creativity: Unlock Your Originality and Awaken Your Creative Genius! Drop us a comment on this page below or send us an email at email@example.com by December 1, 2022, and we’ll pick a winner at random. Enter today!