Up and coming singer-songwriter and Humber College music student Sean Bertram joined us to talk about his education and his chord-based approach to songwriting. Blair Packham subbed in for Phil – thanks Blair! And welcome to Raphael, our new technical and audio specialist – welcome to the team!
We talked about:
- why bother making an album anymore
- writing as a hopeless romantic
- why do we ( as humans) write songs?
- writing outside typical “campfire chords“
- developing lyrics based on your chord choices
- conversational storytelling: rhyme schemes and writing two verses before hitting the chorus
- Song Studio
- using falsetto in your songs
Listen to the show
Watch the live performances