Seasoned professional guitarist, singer-songwriter, and all-around nice guy Scott Neary shares some of his best kept songwriting secrets. Scott also accompanied the talented jazz songwriter Steven Teatz for his appearance on Song Talk Radio. We talked about:
- The great chorus debate – to repeat it verbatim or not?
- Why you should whistle your melody
- Why, sometimes, you need to ask, “Why does there have to be a chord?”
- Why you should re-harmonize your chords after you develop a great melody on conventional chords
- Symmetry, or lack thereof