Pop singer-songwriter Lora Ryan joined us with her guitarist Andrew Scott to share two songs and talk about her songwriting process.
Singer/songwriter Lora Ryan is poised to make some noise in the independent music scene. Born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, she recently relocated to the Hollywood of Canada: Toronto, Ontario. Lora draws on personal experience to pen her lyrics, which can only be described as original and emotionally driven, sometimes angry, often angst-ridden, but always heartfelt and honest. “My world revolves around music,” she emphasizes.
We talked about:
- writing poems with melodies = songs
- using open mics, instagram and facebook for networking
- articulating the end consonants of your words
- finding the right tempo when performing live
- moving your story forward through the verses
- why you should have a great opening line
- the relationship with your producer as a co-songwriter
- Factor grants
- Lora’s songwriting workshops at Songwriter Sundays
Download the lyrics for the songs:
Listen to the whole show
Thank you to our live tweeting listeners!
Connect with Lora