Juno-award winning recording artist Steve Strongman joined us to talk about his take on the blues. Steve is a multiple Maple Blues Award winner, 2019 International Blues Challenge Best Guitarist (solo/duo). He’s opened for BB King, Buddy Guy, Joe Cocker, Johnny Winter, and toured all over the world.
We talked about:
- What’s the blues anyway?
- What counts as a co-write when collaborating?
- How to write an understated chorus
- How to write with a “less is more” approach
- Using different guitar tunings to hack your songwriting
- Writing based on a title or phrase
- Writing lyrics that are open to interpretation
This is Song Talk Radio’s Episode 300! Yea for us!