Nab-s D & Teresa is a new Toronto-based duo featuring funky basslines and powerful, soulful vocals. They featured their new single On The Run on the podcast this week.
We talked about:
- writing an instrumental bed to support a singer
- leaving room for spontaneity in the studio
- structuring your song with very high contrast between sections
- having a balance between repetition and surprise in your song
- considering the energy map and the journey of your song, especially if it’s a longer song
Download the lyrics to On The Run to follow along.