Singer-songwriter and occasional co-host of Song Talk Radio, Eric Sorenson, returned to the show to showcase tunes from his upcoming EP, Directions Home, and a crowd-pleaser from his live shows. Eric was joined by his bandmates Liz Jaremyn and Andrew Ages.
Stuff we talked about:
- International Songwriting Competition (deadline extended to November 5)
- IMSTA Festa Event – October 17, 2015 at Ryerson University (say hi to Phil and Neel while you’re there!)
- How to create a concept album
- Is it a bridge or a pre-chorus? (Who cares? It sounds good!)
- When your song may not need a chorus
- When to consider a key change / modulation in your song
Be sure to support Eric’s indiegogo campaign to help him cover production expenses for his new album.