Ed Roman is an award-winning singer/songwriter, performer and multi-instrumentalist from Shelburne, Ontario, Canada. Blurring the lines between pop, rock, folk, and country music genres, Ed’s uniquely crafted songs have received regular rotation on more than 100 terrestrial radio stations across North America and more than 400 stations, worldwide. On this program we had some lively discussions about:
- What is “Canadiana”?
- Being human and the influence of family on songwriting
- Music as a way to deal with dyslexia
- Forming a band at the age of 14 and writing original tunes
- Lyrics have many meanings for the listeners (good!)
- Emotions in the performance
- Protest songs – what happens behind the scenes?
- Holding onto unresolved chords versus fulfilling expectations