Delyn Grey is a Toronto-based artist looking to break some barriers via alt-rock waves. Delyn’s voice is rooted in the contemporary, but has a unique depth and richness of timbre, and maturity of emotion that distinguishes her not only from her like-aged peers, but from older, established artists as well.
Delyn shared the process behind her song Listen to the Thunder. We talked about:
- 90s grunge music
- writing for yourself vs. for others
- writing on piano vs. guitar
- working with producer Justin Abedin
- how having a lot of space is good for your melodies
- how to go from a “stream of consciousness” to a more refined song
- Art Bergmann becomes a Member of the Order of Canada, for his “indelible contributions to the Canadian punk music scene, and for his thought-provoking discourse on social, gender and racial inequalities
Download the lyrics to Listen to the Thunder to follow along.