This week we welcomed five more songwriters who sent us their answers to our latest songwriting challenge, to write a song with a single chord progression throughout. We got two protest songs, a song about social media, a rather tense relationship, and of course, COVID-19. We were so pleased to receive submissions from all over the world; thanks for sharing!
We talked about:
- How Phil found a neat way to use a simple looper pedal in his studio
- Being clear about your message in a protest song
- Using as few words as possible in your lyrics
- The hosts’ answers to the songwriting challenge
- The first batch of listener’s answers to the songwriting challenge
Download the lyrics to follow along: