On this November 11, may we present former Song Talk Radio guest Jeffery Straker and his beautifully haunting Remembrance Day song, Little Red Flower. Heartfelt and earnest songwriting at its best. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=526340348229878
We celebrated six years on Song Talk Radio with a little reminiscing, a few songwriting tips, and some random stuff. We talked about:
- Muse’s Muse Forum as a great online community for lyricists and songwriters
- What does voicings mean?
- Our Holiday Gift Guide show on November 19 – send us your gift ideas and check out last year’s Guide!
- Our upcoming Songwriting Challenge! Send us your idea and you can be just as famous as we are!
- The VIA Rail Artists on Board program for singer-songwriters
- Our favourite episodes this year:
Frank Horvatt joined in on our Favorite TV Theme Draft show, where we chose our fav TV themes of the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, 2000’s and the 2010s.
We need your input! Send us your one-liner songwriting challenge prompt and we’ll each write a song based on it. See our Songwriting Challenge page to send us your idea!
Beige Shelter is an ambitious and eclectic five piece band from Toronto that brings fire, passion and a political conscience to their music. Through electrifying live performances, the band showcases both original songs and interesting twists on cover songs. Beige Shelter is currently working on their 2nd EP release. Lead singer and vocalist Adi Aman dropped by to talk about the progression of their sound – and other stuff. Beige Shelter’s drummer was already here, ’cause he’s our co-host Neel Modi!
We talked with Adi and Neel about:
- how the band translates Adi’s ideas
- where the lyrical ideas come from and how they connect to the causes the band supports
- which comes first – lyrics or music?
- the difference between the first album and the upcoming new release